In 1949 Maurice and Ann Gauthier bought land in Wellfleet and built 7 cabins and 4 cottages. Ann’s Motor Court opened for business in 1950, offering Cape Cod vacations. In the late 50’s the Gauthiers developed Maurice’s Campground with help from their three sons, Martin, Moe, and John. Maurice’s apple and cranberry sales and John’s surfboards developed into Maurice’s Market in the early ’70’s.
In 1976 Maurice and Ann retired and turned the business over to Martin, Moe, and John who had been running it up until their retirement this past December 2022. The Town of Wellfleet purchased the property and will continue their traditions for serveral years. Welcoming, as usual, new and returning visitors every year.